A technical guide to the MEP Sampler
C. M. Sperberg-McQueen
Last revised: 21 February 2004
This document is currently just a place-holder: I haven't actually
gotten around to writing up the technical guide I think the MEP
sampler needs to have. If you want to encourage me to hurry up,
feel free to send me email.
When I do write this up, I expect to handle several topics
(further suggestions welcome):
- how do the three interfaces work? (there are three distinct entry
screens, generated from a single source document via XSLT, with
some simple rules in the sitemap. Warning about duplicating data)
- what is where on the CD-ROM?
- further info about:
- How to put your own data in here
- Why NDATA SGML, not NDATA XML?
- Warning about PIs inside of DTD subsets
- How the littlebooks were made from the big books (and
the crucial importance of single master files)
- Miscellaneous project-management advice (use CVS! ...)
- DTD development
- DTD techniques
- Why doesn't the sampler use eXist, or some other XML-aware
full-text search engine?
- hacks in the current version
- short essay on hacks and purity
$Id: mep-tech-guide.html,v 1.4 2004/02/24 19:51:56 cmsmcq Exp $